Smile Makeover With Dental Veneers
Veneers, or porcelain laminates, are a customised thin “shells”, designed to fit exactly over the front of an existing tooth.
Composite Bonding is used to correct minor imperfections like minor gaps in teeth, holes in teeth, cavities, minor chipping of tooth, minor discolorations, eliminating spots on tooth, etc. It can instantly repair such minor tooth problems, mostly in a single sitting. It is a very simple procedure where a composite resin material is bonded over the prepared tooth, followed by shaping, contouring & hardening with high intensity light.
Smile Makeover with Dental Veneers
Smile Makeover is done to correct Imperfections like gaps between teeth, misalignment, jetting out teeth, crowded and overlapping teeth, and discolored teeth using Ceramic Dental Veneers. It is most commonly known as cosmetic dental treatment or main feature of cosmetic dentistry.
Ceramic Dental Veneers- Ceramic Dental Veneers are thin shell like tooth colored structure, designed to cover the front side of the tooth. Ceramic Dental Veneers are so natural looking that it is impossible for 99% people to judge or identify the difference.
- Appointment for smile designing consultation
- Show case of digital smile makeover and treatment plan discussion
- Preparation of teeth, impression taking and placement of temporaries.
- Final Bonding of Ceramic Dental Veneers
Time taken – As less as 2 days (Case dependent)
Each case is studied deeply by the cosmetic specialist at the clinical level and by smile designer at the technical level, thereby delivering more than precise and perfect results.
Patients Maintenance :
Professional cleaning three or four times yearly. Avoid hard foods on front teeth. Bonding to fill in a space is more susceptible to chipping. Proper use of floss daily is required. One problem with most direct bonded restorations is that they can stain or chip. Expect to have some repolishing or repair as necessary.
Results of treatment :
Most spaces can be filled in to look very natural
Average Range of Treatment life :
Expectancy Five to eight years. Professional refinishing once every year or so.
- Little or no reduction of tooth structure
- No anesthesia required
- Reversible Procedure
- Economical, more so than crowning
- Teeth can also be lightened
Some of the disadvantages :
- Can chip or stain more easily than crowns.
- Has limited esthetic life.
- Treatment may involve extra teeth to obtain proportionate space closing
What are the venners used for?
- Closing spaces
- Restoring broken or chipped teeth
- Covering unsightly, stained fillings
- Correcting uneven or crooked teeth
Steps in placing veneers:
- The affected tooth is trimmed away by the dentist to make adequate space for the porcelain laminates
- The next stage is to make a rubber impression so that the dental technician can pour a plaster model of the teeth.
- Finally veneers bonded are placed by the dentist.